21 June 2010

Oh, family!

Dear Blog,

This weekend was a blastity blast, as my friend Sara would say (I'm giving her a shout out, despite the fact that she continues to avoid reading my blog. How dare you, sir. I mean, Sar. I mean...)

Anyway, this weekend my seesters, Lo and Amy, came to visit me. They arrived on Friday night, late, and we went to the loudest restaurant in Atlanta and had a miserable time, thus cementing the fact that I have transformed into an old, blue-haired biddy. Awesome.

Philip and Amy caught in one of the many awkward pauses during their date @ Two Urban Licks


On Saturday we woke up and headed to brunch at Ria's where we ate our weight in chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. Mmm. Bacon.

Lo, super-pumped about the chocolate chip pancakes in her immediate future.

Then, my Moms and Aunt Barbara met us at the mall, where we all piled into the dressing room at J. Crew for an impromptu photo shoot. Que bueno!

I cropped this photo big time. You're welcome.

At the mall, we saw a gal walking around in 5" stilettos with a too-small flouncy skirt on. Now, I realize that I am known throughout the land for my mastery of hyperbole, but believe me when I say that more than half of this woman's bare backside was peeking out from underneath that skirt. No exaggeration. I should have sued her for the retinal damage that her jiggling cheeks inflicted upon us. You cannot un-see something like that, people. Gross.

After spraying down our eyeballs with Lysol, we jumped in the car and drove up to Rome, GA, where we ran into these two troublemakers:

Janu and me...twinsies!

DP. Original gangster.

It was a day full of facial expressions. Let's see, there was laughter...surprise...nausea. All within the span of a few hours. We have such range.

Can you believe these three came out of the same person? I'm gonna need to see some birth certificates.


It was a totes fun weekend all around. Even though this guy kept trying to ruin everything:

Don't be fooled by the cute face. This guy is a total bastard.

Sunday, I made more trips to the airport than I care to mention and finally crashed at home where I promptly fell asleep on the couch until ol' Jame-o moseyed on home and put me to bed.
I wish my family lived closer so every weekend could be like this.

Plus, if they lived here, I wouldn't have to go to the airport 8 times in one day. Geez.

Love,
k8

5 comments:

  1. All that I keep thinking about is damn J.crew has some really nice dressing rooms. I wonder what that fitting room attendant thought?
    I loves your weekend..totes, oh and by the way totes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that stud in the 1st picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was there. But, now that you are sitting on the couch across from me, I suppose I should count my blessings before this envious green tone overtakes my soul - or worse, MY FACE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up every time! The original gangsta looks like he has some stories to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so FUN!
    smiling here, when I saw the photos as well~

    ReplyDelete