31 May 2010

Caramel Corn

Dear Blog,

I wish every weekend was Memorial Day weekend. That would, however, mean that I would weigh 10 trillion pounds. Here's a list of what we ate over the course of the last 4 days:

Friday
Dinner: tapas at the Iberian Pig in Decatur...meh

Saturday
Breakfast: Ria's black bean benedict with avocado and a gratuitous side of sour cream (and a bite of Jame-o's brisket breakfast) + 2 cups of coffee


Lunch: vodka and grapefruit juice. Or a margarita. I don't really remember...
Dinner (w. Jame-o's parents - so fun): the Angry Mussels from JCT Bar + glass of pinot grigio/ San Genaro pizza from Antico Pizza + 1/2 a bottle of wine.
Dessert (Is it bad that by 'Dessert' I mean 'That time of day when I binge drink like I'm still in college'?): we met up with Philip at The Bookhouse and played Jeopardy and I proceeded to drink like 11 beers and a shot that tasted like cake. barf.

Sunday
Brunch: bacon and tomato eggs, cafe lattes
Lunch (at like 3:30): La Fonda fish tacos, guacamole, gigantor glass of water
Dinner: homemade chili dogs, not-homemade potato salad and (for reasons I still haven't figured out) made-from-scratch caramel corn with spicy peanuts. In some circles, I think it's referred to as crack. Seriously. So. Good.

Monday
Breakfast: pancakes and sausage and a big side of why-don't-my-pants-fit-anymore?, coffee
Lunch: watermelon spears, Trader Joe's spicy california roll (split), kalamata olive hummus and pita chips, heaping handfuls of caramel corn when no one was looking
Snack: Dark & Stormy's
Dinner: chili dogs - round two (for Memorial Day), again with the caramel corn (although this time I had to stuff it into my face alone, as Jame-o was in a food coma, eyes glazed over watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Wow. I'm going into a serious shame spiral having re-lived it all. Clearly, the only answer is to put on my muumuu, turn off the lights and have some more caramel corn. Maybe if I pureed it, I could inject it directly into my veins...

Here's Jame-o and me at the beach.
I don't know why I'm upside-down. (source)
Love,
k8

5 comments:

  1. Ummmm...That's clearly a woman standing next to the beached whale which must not-so-subtly imply that I AM THE WHALE?!?!?!? Reeeeeeal nice, Kate. Real freakin' nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, clearly someone is in need of a haircut...hippy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, you should add websites of the places, so when the people read your blog in the future (I promise more people will and it won't just be me, jessica bailey, and james) they can click and see what you are eating. I know I would click on the antico's website that pizza is amazing....

    I miss you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring carmel corn to the beach - then I will be the whale, and you can be the hippie. I'll probably be more oily, though. Thanks a pant load, BP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm... YUM!! That black bean benedict sounds delicious! Don't feel bad, I'm like three Memorial Day weekends away from being obese myself! It will be so well worth it though!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete